Saule Technologies is looking for a scientist to join the research team working on the development of printable perovskite solar cells.
The successful candidate will have documented experience in materials development and characterization, he/she will be enthusiastic to work in a collaborative research environment with proactive attitude and creative thinking.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Synthesis of the new materials constituting the next generation photovoltaics
- Assembling thin-film photovoltaic devices
- Optoelectronic, electrical and structural characterization of the materials and devices
- Use of different deposition methods, including high vacuum and printing techniques
- Contribution to the design and development of the scientific projects
- Compliance with the quality and health standards
- Supporting the Saule team in achieving the goals
The position of Research Scientist will be launched in terms of ESPREsSo Project, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, under topic Competitive Low Carbon Energy, grant agreement No 764047.
The ESPREsSo project is implemented as part of an international consortium consisting of 13 entities of the research and development sector, supported by SMEs. The consortium leader is the Belgian Interuniversitair Micro-Electronica Center.
ESPResSo project aims to bring the novel emerging hybrid organic-inorganic perovskite-based solar cell (PSC) technology to its next maturity level. In recent years this solution-processable solar technology has reached cell efficiency values rivalling those of established thin-film photovoltaic (PV) technology (CIGS, CdTe), even approaching crystalline Si (c-Si) records. The challenge is now to transfer this unprecedented progress from its cell level into a scalable, stable, low-cost technology on module level.
- Degree in chemistry, materials science, physics or related discipline
- Good understanding and knowledge of solid-state chemistry, semiconductor physics, and solar cell operation
- Experience with perovskite-based materials, thin-film formation, solar cell fabrication and characterization will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of a range of electrical and optical characterization methods
- Experience with various thin-film deposition techniques, working knowledge of the ink-jet printing technique will be advantageous
- Experience with crystallographic analysis and diffraction techniques
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and oral)
- Good communication skills, initiative, independent thinking
Saule Technologies (Sigma Building)
Applications containing detailed CV (list of achievements, scientific degrees, publications, technical skills, research stays and other relevant experience), cover letter (motivation and description of the most important scientific achievements) and details of two referees should be sent to email@example.com
If you would like to participate in future recruitment processes, please include an additional clause with the following content:
“I agree to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by Saule Sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw also for the purpose of conducting future recruitment processes in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general data protection regulation) (Official Journal of the European Union L 119/1, 4.5.2016 EN.”